Mauritius, renowned for its pristine beaches, crystal-clear waters, and lush landscapes, is more than just a holiday destination. It has become an increasingly sought-after choice for individuals seeking a change in their lifestyle. Mauritius residency, be it for relocation, retirement, business ventures, or the digital nomadic lifestyle, brings a host of benefits that make it an attractive destination. This page explores the different ways you can establish Mauritius residency and the Mauritius residence permit requirements.
Run by British lawyers, TBI Mauritius is an immigration expert and relocation advisor in Mauritius. With over 13 years of experience in the relocation industry, we have been helping foreigners move to Mauritius and settle here. Our relocation services, include preliminary advice, assistance with permits, finding accommodation, setting up businesses, bank accounts, and full concierge services. Contact us to learn more.
Benefits of Living in Mauritius
Living in Mauritius offers a number of advantages, including a tax-friendly environment, a high quality of life, political and economic stability, and a multicultural society, making it a great place to live, work, and invest. With no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax, and no wealth tax, Mauritius is a great way to grow your wealth. Mauritius also offers a network of public and private hospitals and schools, providing residents with access to quality healthcare and education.
How To Obtain Mauritius Residency and Live in Mauritius
Moving to Mauritius: Relocation Services
We are a team of expert relocation advisors in Mauritius, helping you navigate every step of your move, from visa and immigration to real estate, setting up a business, and finding a school for your children.
Mauritius Residency by Investment
The Mauritius residence permit requirements include a minimum investment of USD 375,000. Obtaining a Mauritius residence permit through this pathway offers investors opportunities to engage in businesses or real estate.
Mauritius Residency By Occupation
Foreigners who wish to work in Mauritius on an occupation permit automatically get a Mauritius residence permit. This path to Mauritius residency includes three distinct categories: professional, self-employed, and investor permits.
Mauritius Residency By Retirement
The Mauritius residence permit requirements for retirees include being at least 50 years and having USD 18, 000 in a local bank account here or a minimum monthly income of USD 1, 500.
Mauritius Digital Nomad Visa
The Mauritius Digital Nomad Visa opens doors to a one-year stay on the island, catering to digital nomads, retirees, or those seeking a short-term Mauritius residency experience.
Mauritius Citizenship Requirements
While getting Mauritius citizenship can be challenging, there are several pathways available, including citizenship by naturalisation, marriage, adoption, and descent.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to get a residence permit in Mauritius?
You can get a residence permit in Mauritius through the following options:
- Retirement: The Mauritius residency requirements for retirees include meeting the minimum income requirement of USD 1, 500 per month.
- Business Investment: The Mauritius residency requirements for investors include investing at least USD 375,000 in a business in Mauritius.
- Employment: Foreigners can obtain a Mauritius Occupation Permit, which is a combined work and residence permit, by having a job offer from a registered employer in Mauritius.
- Property investment: The Mauritius residence permit requirements include investing at least USD 375,000 in an approved property scheme.
- Dependents: Foreigners who are dependents of an occupation permit or residence permit holder can also apply for a residence permit in Mauritius.
How long does it take to get permanent residency in Mauritius?
The time it takes to get permanent residency in Mauritius depends on the path you choose. The quickest way to get permanent residency is through a property investment of at least USD 375,000. This will grant you Mauritius residency as long as you own the property. Alternatively, you can get a 20-year residency in Mauritius by investing USD 375, 000 in a business in Mauritius. Getting permanent residency by working in Mauritius is another option that takes at least 3 years, subject to other conditions.
How much to invest in Mauritius to get residency?
You will need to invest at least USD 375,000 in Mauritius to get residency. This can be in the form of a property investment in an approved scheme or in a qualifying business activity in Mauritius.
What TBI Business Advisors can do for you:
- We will have a Zoom/ Teams call or email exchange to understand your requirements.
- TBI will advise on the appropriate permit or visa for coming to Mauritius.
- We will send a detailed proposal with clear costs, timeframes and explanations.
- We will assemble the documents and make the application on your behalf.
- We can assist with relocation tasks such as helping with schools, accommodation, insurance, choosing locations.
- We can assist with the finding and purchasing of property, and setting up of an entity to purchase through.
- If you need assistance with setting up companies whether as an investor or just creating a business here.
- The directors can act as Commissioner for Oaths.
- We can assist with other business advice and can bring in law firms as and when required.